Grant Making Policies
Grants are usually made on annual basis and may not be repeated.
Needy individuals (especially the elderly and infirm) who are receiving all of their national and local financial support or support in kind to which they are entitled but still remain “needy”. Subsidising or compromising an individual’s right to national and local support must not occur.
Local organisations that provide help and support to needy individuals or clubs serving a local community in the operative areas of the Charity.
City of London causes sponsored by the Lord Mayor or the Corporation or other “worthy” bodies in the City to raise funds for charities aimed at individuals.
National organisations which work in the operative areas of the Charity and which are financed on a local basis (e.g. Age Concern).
Donations will not normally be made in relation to:
- Individuals and organisations outside the operative areas of the Charity;
- The education of individuals;
- National or international bodies which work on a centralised basis;
- Projects involving the erection and/or maintenance of buildings or other structures;
- Organisations with large overheads;
- Organisations with large unexplained capital reserves;
- Sponsorship, marketing or other fundraising activities;
- Bursaries or long term (more than 3 years) projects;
- Organisations outside the UK or overseas expeditions or travel;
- Environmental projects.