(As at March 2018)
The Worshipful Company of Coopers ('the Company'), The Society of the Livery of the Worshipful Company of Coopers, Coopers Charity CIO (1155094), The Coopers' Livery Housing Fund (CLHF IP27988R), are registered as Data Controllers with the Information Commissioner of the United Kingdom. The Company is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under the British Data Protection Act 1998, which implements the EU Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC).
This Privacy Statement applies when the Company receives, holds or otherwise uses Personal Data. This Statement explains how the the Company looks after your personal information and what we do with it.
The Company is committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your Personal Data. Whenever you provide Personal Data to the Company, we will treat that information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and current UK data protection legislation. In particular, the Company will keep your personal information accurate, up-to-date, secure and for no longer than is necessary.
We will never sell your data.
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws.
The Company may use the personal information you provide for one or more of the following purposes, but only in accordance with the permissions that you have provided us:
- to commence and / or administer your membership of the Worshipful Company of Coopers
- to communicate with you about our work (including information about our charitable work, fundraising, Company news and marketing) and any special events we believe will be of interest to you
- to process any application you submit for employment
- to address and respond to any correspondence or complaint you submit about the Company
- to fulfil orders for products or services
You can unsubscribe from mail or emails from the Company at any time by contacting email@example.com or 0207 247 9577. You are always in control of how we communicate with you and can update your choices by contacting the Clerk's office here at Coopers' Hall.
By giving your Personal Data to the Company, you agree to accept the Company Privacy Statement as amended from time-to-time. You will be deemed to have accepted any amendments to the Statement if you continue to provide personal information to the Company after a new version of the Statement is published.
Further information on cookies is found in the Worshipful Company of Coopers' Cookies Policy (see further down this page).
Individuals can find out if the Company holds any personal information about them by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If the Company does hold information about you, we will:
- give you a description of the information held
- tell you why we are holding the information
- tell you who the information could be disclosed to
- give you a copy of the information.
Controller of personal data
The Worshipful Company of Coopers
13 Devonshire Square
The Company may charge a fee of up to £10 for responding to a subject access request. In that event, the Company will advise you that a fee is payable, before responding substantively in writing to the postal or electronic address you provided as soon as possible (and within 40 calendar days of the date of receipt of your request).
Information about your other rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 is available on the Information Commissioner’s Officer’s website at http://www.ico.org.uk/
- The Compay uses two types of cookies on its Website: 1) per session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the Website; 2) persistent cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer (dependent of the lifetime of the specific cookie). These cookies are used to store information between visits to a site.
- Cookies on the Company site are used as follows:
- For technical purposes where required to make site functions work – for example to identify your browser and remember previous responses on a form.
- To help Company understand more about how the "Website" is used and to provide you with a more personalised web service.
- In some cases, third party cookies to gather anonymous information about site usage. which may be used to provide relevant advertising on third party websites.
- To gather information about site usage which may be used to optimise and improve the effectiveness of Company advertising on other sites.
- To provide targeted advertising on Company pages.
- Third-party cookies to enable functions on the site provided by third parties such as Twitter and Facebook.
The site www.coopers-hall.co.uk and our Twitter feed may include links to other websites which do not fall under our supervision. We cannot accept any responsibility for the protection of privacy or the content of these websites, but we offer these links to make it easier for our members and online visitors to find more information about specific subjects.
Authorised representative: Lt. Col. Adrian Carroll
VAT registration number: VAT NO. GB 524547054